VABB is a Fixed Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP), meaning we deliver the Internet to your location through a variety of radio frequencies transmitted from one of our 108 “broadcast” locations throughout 14 counties in Central and Eastern VA. We broadcast our Internet service from local commercial towers, silos, barns, private utility poles, and houses that sit high on hills. If you are within 0 to 10 miles of a VABB broadcaster, you would be in one of two categories:
Line-Of-Sight: If your location can see a VABB broadcast site with no trees obstructing the view, you are considered “Line-Of-Sight” (LOS) and have an excellent chance of receiving Internet speeds in the 15 to 30mbps range… or more.
Non-Line-Of-Sight: If your location is near a VABB broadcast site but trees are in the way, you are considered “Non-Line-Of-Sight” (NLOS). So long as the trees are not too thick and the distance to our broadcaster is within a few miles, we can reach you with speeds in the 5 to 15mbps range or more depending on the terrain and trees.
AND… if we can’t reach your location with our “Fixed” wireless solution, we also offer VABB SKY – an innovative way to provide high-speed Internet through satellite technology. For more details, call us at 540-829-1700.
- After you have placed an order with us we will schedule an installer to come to your home or business.
- When the installer arrives he will conduct a site survey to ensure that our service is available.
- Next, the installer will confirm where and how the antenna shall be mounted for optimum performance.
- A cable will be run from the outside antenna to the VABB subscriber unit located inside your home or business. This Subscriber unit within your home is the end of VABB’s network – meaning, you will need to plug a customer owned PC or router to this device in order to get on-line. Note: The standard installation does not include any in-building cabling or trenching. We can arrange for a custom installation at an additional charge.
- From our inside Subscriber unit, you can then connect a PC, a router, or any
- What we provide:
- An antenna and standard mounting (J-mount, eave mount, tri-pod mount, EMT pipe planted in the yard). Any special mounting required beyond our standard mounts may be accessed an additional charge.
- Up to 100ft of cable from the antenna to a small subscriber unit installed inside. Additional cable length may be accessed a charge of $.50/ft
- Wireless routers can be purchased from VABB – check for current rates